So now it's been 2 weeks since I won $720 at Speakeasy 54 in Wisconsin Rapids,WI and I still don't have the money. I wonder if the dancers have to go through as much bullshit as I've gone through to get paid.
Anyway, so last Friday the guy from D and D Amusements was planning on going to Speakeasy 54 at 6 o'clock when they open to check the machine so I can get paid. He said he'd call me and let me know what he finds out.
Well, he never called me on Friday so I try calling D and D amusements on Saturday but they must not be open on weekends because my calls went straight to voicemail. I finally get a hold of him on Monday morning and he tells me he never even went out to Speakeasy 54. WTF? Apparently at about 4pm on Friday a woman ( Speakeasy 54 Manager? ) called him and told him he didn't have to come out because they realized it was a legit win and they're going to pay me.
Awesome! Show Me The Money!
Monday night I called my friends dad and told him the good news. He said he would call the owner and pick up the money and send it to me. I'm thinking this is finally over and I won't have to deal with this shit or these people ever again.I get a call from my friends dad on Wednesday morning and right away I can tell by the sound of his voice that he's pissed off. He told me he just got off the phone with one of the owners and the guy blew up at him. Saying shit like if he keeps getting bothered about this I'll never get paid and he's done with those machines and he's got them unplugged and turned around so nobody can play them and he's having them removed.
< RANT >
I really don't understand how any businessman can get upset over something that has the potential to make your business a shitload of money. I know bar owners who make more off those machines than they do from selling alcohol. Damn near every bar or club that I've played those machines at have a separate cash register or money bag solely for paying out winners. These machines favor the house just like at a casino. If you can't make money with them your obviously doing it wrong. In this case not paying a winner for over 2 weeks is doing it wrong. If I would've got paid the night I won or even the following night I would've bought drinks and lap dances for all my friends and I would have even stuck money in one of the other machines since I was feeling lucky. In all honesty I probably would have walked out of there with only half of the $720. </END RANT >
So I called the guy from D and D Amusements and he confirmed that on Thursday he was going to Speakeasy 54 to pull the machines out of there. I asked him to call me and let me know if he hears anything about them paying me.
Thursday afternoon he called and said they are still planning to pay me.
I guess I'll just have to wait some more...
TO BE CONTINUED...
No comments:
Post a Comment